American Eagle Airlines provides ground handling services through the use of various positions such as the Airport Service Representative. The Airport Service Representative has a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to providing a high level of customer service to the traveling public by assisting passengers with their luggage and tagging bags, oversize luggage or sporting equipment. This position is responsible for performing the required check-in entries, giving directions about general terminal access, and providing accurate information about flight schedules. The Airport Service Representative will welcome customers in the airport ticket counter area and offer assistance or seek out customers who may need assistance, i.e., large parties, passengers with disabilities, etc. The Representative will guide and provide assistance to passengers using self-service kiosks to check in for flights and check baggage which may also require informing passengers of excess baggage charges and collect fees in accordance with excess baggage rules.
In addition, Airport Service Representative will monitor ticket counter activity to ensure orderly passenger flow. The Representative may perform ticketing functions, board passengers and make boarding announcements using a public address system. Other duties may also include escorting passengers to and from the terminal to the aircraft, the loading and unloading of baggage and providing assistance to disabled passengers or others needing special assistance. On occasion it may be necessary to drive a bus, truck or tugs in congested areas.
Candidates must be able to provide excellent customer service to all of our passengers. Must report to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver's license
- Must possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be flexible to work additional hours beyond regular shift, on short notice and as needed due to operational necessity
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand Spanish may be desired for our Caribbean bases
Additional Position Details
- Federal law requires American Eagle to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position; this position may be subject to DOT testing
- If applicable to the position, a candidate must fulfill a fingerprint-based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (
- Candidates must also be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US customs security badges, if applicable
American Eagle Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.