to learn more.
The Marketing Resource Center (MRC) East is a regional marketing group within The Nature Conservancy. The Alabama Marketing Manager (based out of the Birmingham, AL office) will lead the marketing and communications work in the state while working with MRC staff to create and implement the Alabama marketing plan. S/he monitors and provides regular updates on progress of tactical roll-out of marketing programs, thereby assisting The Nature Conservancy with meeting conservation and philanthropic goals. Work will require interaction with Conservancy staff in Alabama and beyond, as well as key partners, trustees and donors. Overall, the Marketing Manager will contribute to the implementation of marketing plan tactics, messages and materials primarily for the Conservancy in Alabama in support of overarching organizational marketing objectives.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Southeast Marketing Director with a dotted line to the Alabama state Director. S/He will work collaboratively with the Conservancy’s leadership in Alabama as part of the state’s leadership team. S/he will sometimes manage outside vendors to complete marketing projects. The position will be located in Birmingham, AL.
- Create, implement and measure strategic marketing plans, programs, and initiatives to ensure that state and organization wide marketing goals and strategies are achieved.
- Institute programs that integrate a variety of tools including media relations, publications, , social media, events, digital marketing and video.
- Provide writing support as assigned for a variety of internal and external marketing vehicles including press materials, web and print publications.
- Conduct regular outreach to local and regional media and support national media efforts.
- Ensure that the creative work reflects the positioning, platform and voice of organization’s marketing objectives.
- Coordinate marketing activities with other MRC and marketing and communications staff and identify opportunities for coordination of activities between MRC staff, program partners and the Conservancy’s Worldwide Office.
- Coordinates and manages budgets for the initiative/program.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and minimum seven years of experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience with written and oral communication, negotiating agreements.
- Experience with media relations and social media.
- Experience with current technology in the marketing field.
- Experience or interest in conservation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field and 7 - 10 years of experience in communications and marketing (specifically: media relations, writing, digital media and publication management).
- Familiarity and/or relationships with key media outlets in Alabama or ability to create and foster those relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Design, implement, and direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences.
- Communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of the Conservancy to diverse groups including donors, board members, the public and others.
- Ability to present concepts effectively with technical and non-technical staff of all backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills and software knowledge. Ability to articulate ideas in a compelling manner.
- Knowledgeable of current and evolving technology related to field of experience.
- An interest in and appreciation of conservation and environmental issues is crucial.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41624, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 13, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 10 months ago