We’re a smart, growing team tackling big problems. Natera’s mission is to give couples the best chance of having a healthy child and we need your help to bring the latest technology in genetics together with advanced signal processing and statistics.
We’re building a small team of engineers to support production algorithms development. We want to create extensible software that is testable and self-documenting. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong understanding of algorithms and real-world experience developing production software in Java. You should also have a working knowledge of code optimization and a functional understanding of software patterns and architectural trade-offs. No biology background is required.
Your initial responsibilities will be to:
Skills & Requirements:
- Develop production algorithms from statistical models and prototypes
- Support and extend our next generation sequencing framework
- Collaborate on cloud based software for worldwide distribution of our lab test
- Process large numerical data sets efficiently
- Lead technical projects from conception to realization in a commercial environment
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 6 yrs of commercial server-side Java experience
- Comfortable with Agile development and a Continuous Integration environment
- Experience with Java back-end frameworks and ORMs
- Excellent systems design and architecture
- Familiarity with MATLAB is a strong plus
- Linux command line experience and basic scripting skills are a plus
- Experience and interest in coaching other team members
- Self-motivated, and detail oriented
The mission of Natera is to help doctors give couples the best chance of having a healthy child. Our company was formed in 2004 by a team of doctors, geneticists, statisticians, and software engineers who embarked on developing a technology called Parental Support™, to enable highly reliable testing of multiple genes and chromosome copy number from minute amounts of DNA. Natera has helped thousands of families with its one-of-a-kind testing.
Natera is funded by the National Institutes of Health, and top Silicon Valley VC firms including Sequoia Capital, Claremont Creek Ventures, and Lightspeed Ventures.
Natera - 7 months ago