AllModern ( www.allmodern.com ), a division of Wayfair, is the top online destination for modern design for the home. We offer over 100,000 products, representing more than 1500 brands spanning every room and budget. We are seeking talented, smart, driven and entrepreneurial intern to help us profitably grow our core business units. In this challenging and exciting role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance you’re the AllModern business’ agenda. This is a great role if you’re seeking general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, buying, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain, inventory planning and beyond.
Position : eCommerce Intern
Duration : 3 months, potential to become full-time for seniors
Education Level : Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
Course Credit: Paid Internship ($12/hour)
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Work with the team to manage existing external suppliers relationships including pricing, warehouse stock programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with the team to speak with suppliers to review the business and advance general business goals
- Secure promotions: support Wayfair marketing campaign strategy by sourcing relevant promotions
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends and identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across all product categories
- Assist AllModern buying team with the process of adding new products to the site and determining how products should be merchandised to maximize the customer experience and sales
- Site Merchandising:
- Work with AllModern’s merchandising team on special projects to enhance the customer experience on site
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving goals in an unstructured environment
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and individually
- Experience with MS Office, Outlook, Excel preferable
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair is #16 on the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies, has previously been named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an...