Control inventories at store and cluster level by department/class/ subclass/SKU to ensure the company/ departments/ stores meet and exceed sales and profit plans. Provide analysis to the buying and planning team on product categories and make recommendations on assortments and allocation processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the pre-receiving review of styles to ensure allocations to the stores are in line with the assortment and allocation plan.
- Establish volume groups by class and product category for assortment planning and allocation purposes.
- Conduct cluster forecasting by product/area/stores.
- Conduct key item analysis and forecasting by store cluster/volume group to ensure optimal inventory levels are purchased and maintained.
- Conduct analysis of store and cluster level historical data on current trends to identify risks/opportunities by department, class, and category.
- Collaborate with buyers and planners to develop and communicate a comprehensive assortment planning and allocation strategy that aligns future financial and product goals by department/class.
- Execute all system requirements to allocate product and report recommendations to maximize sales and turnover opportunities.
- Build store attributes to understand specific market/store needs, utilizing data to drive market segment purchases and allocations.
- Determine the flow of product through the DC and stores for replenished and new styles.
- Recommend/evaluate system enhancements to improve the analysis and allocation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One or two years Allocation related experience preferred.
- Strong retail math skills and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Allocation or planning software skills a plus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage time and workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Bending, minimal lifting, sitting, typing and ability to distinguish colors in an on-line screen PC environment. Ability to maneuver up to 25 lbs.
Claire's Stores - 20 months ago
If the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys, for young women and girls, it may be the price of their accessories. For...