Minimum of 60 hours of College Credit or passed ParaPro Test
Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions of the job description and contract for summer employment shall follow the current education agreement with Decatur Teachers Assistants' Contract.
The employee selected to assist in the program recognizes and agrees to abide by the conditions set forth in this job description.
The employee agrees that he/she will:
Reports to: Building Administrator
- Fulfill the responsibilities and roles described in the job description
- Participate in professional development as required
Current CPI certification and ability to lift or restrain students.
Work individually or with small groups of students as directed by the teacher
Help prepare materials to create and sustain a positive classroom and school environment for children
Prepare bulletin boards or other visual aides to enhance teaching and learning
Assist with data collection, record keeping and reporting
Assist teachers and/or administrator with communication efforts
Help others monitor student achievement and instructional needs
Help monitor student attendance
Reinforce classroom rules and school policies
Support classroom efforts by preparing resources
10. Supervise students as needed (e.g., to the restroom)
11. Attend to specific student needs as directed by teachers and principal
12. Reinforce positive and personal social habits for students
13. Perform other duties related to student achievement as directed by administrator.
14. Demonstrate positive interpersonal interaction with students and adults
15. Assist in loading and off-loading of the students from the buses
16. Assist in the breakfast and lunch feeding program
17. Perform all other duties necessary to his/her office and such other duties as may be assigned
18. Some positions may require toileting, lifting, etc…