The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for providing timely, personalized, strategic communication to major gift prospects and donors. The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator will be engaged in the lifespan of major gift donor development and as such, will work alongside the Major Gifts team as well as colleagues in the grants/ marketing/ communications area. The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator will research individual, alumni and corporate donor prospects, develop donor briefs, maintain a regular schedule of individualized donor communications, and oversee donor recognition in all forms. The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator will promote clear, meaningful communication with donors. The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator will also develop and manage an alumni and employee giving programs and support the scholarship committee and process. |
This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports and works with college officials, faculty members, and Foundation board members to develop proposals and strategies for the solicitation of corporate gifts.
· Creates and manages the development and support of alumni programs and services to include developing a sustainable program, evaluating effectiveness, and reaching out to alumni. In conjunction with the Public Relations and Events Specialist develops alumni events.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive college-wide stewardship program to acknowledge and thank donors.
· Manages and prioritizes scholarship activities for students and acknowledges and recognizes individual donors.
· Serves as professional advisor for CCC Foundation Scholarship Committee, and recruits College staff and community members to serve on that committee.
· Assists Executive Director of Institutional Advancement with proposal development for scholarships and major gift appeals.
· Manages and creates systems and processes for tracking scholarship funds, donors, and recipients.
· Works with the Scholarship Committee to actively seek scholarships through businesses, individuals, and other entities.
· Manages donor database and Foundation direct mail efforts to solicit and recognize donors.
· Creates and manages the annual Faculty/Staff giving campaigns, managing all annual fund activities.
· Participates and assists in the Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet.
· Tracks, organizes and maintains financial records for Foundation Including settling all accounts payable expenses. Works closely with the College’s accounting department.
· Prepares and submits records for Foundation annual audit, works closely with auditor to ensure all cash disbursements and money received are properly recorded and accounted.
· Works with the Public Relations and Publications Coordinator developing promotional and descriptive materials to advance the fundraising capacity of scholarships, alumni, and programs.
· Creates and manages content for Foundation web pages.
· Works closely with members of the Institutional Advancement Department to accomplish necessary tasks.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of principles of fundraising; federal and state laws and regulations governing public institutions of higher education and non-profit organizations; principles in individual major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, annual and planned giving; and higher education administration. Ability to work with boards, volunteer structures, and knowledge of alumni program building. Project Management knowledge is critical and well as effective communication skills to include public speaking. Proficiency in the use of data base management software.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration Marketing, Communication, Higher Education or any related field and three years experience with major gift fundraising and/or university/college advancement experience. Must have experience working with Database programs.
Coconino Community College - 10 months ago