This is a 2nd shift position working every other weekend 6p - 6a.
Under direct supervision of the shift packaging supervisor, this position is responsible for the operation of the Alvey including shrink wrap equipment and specific packaging material related to the equipment.
· Maintain an effective operation of the Alvey machine in such a way to minimize shutdown and/or disruption of the packaging process, which includes:
- Appropriate set up for the product run.
- Proper attention to pallet, slipsheet and film dispensers.
- Inspection of the machine (troubleshooting) for irregularities while in operation.
- Making any necessary adjustments/corrections to compensate for problems in process.
· Watch for open boxes and damaged product, notifying supervision of any i rregularities.
· Responsible for ensuring the shipping, receiving and warehousing of quality, safe and legal product.
· Operation of a forklift to unload trailers and keep pallet dispensers full.
· Clean and maintain the Alvey machines a nd surrounding area daily.
· Assure final palletized product quality meets AIPC specifications.
· Load slip sheets into dispensers.
· Enter data into computer on the “v” drive.
· Completion of paperwork for inbound and outbound deliveries.
· Cycle count inventories when needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Certification for operating a forklift and the Alvey machine is essential. Consequently, the visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate each is required.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Mechanical ability to the extent of analyzing basic troubleshooting of equipment is necessary.
· Tasks performed, involve work with equipment and processes that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety procedures and in following the procedures in order to maintain the safety of the work environment.
· Good verbal communication skills required.
· Experience with a warehouse type position would be helpful and previous forklift experience is important.
American Italian Pasta Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard