The Amazon Kindle Bookstore is looking for an enthusiastic and data-driven Site Merchandiser to help grow our business and create innovative customer experiences.
The successful candidate will be a passionate advocate for books and authors with an understanding of the current literary landscape, as well as possess exceptional skills in project management and effective merchandising strategies. They will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer.
The Site Merchandiser will support Kindle ebooks, and will play a key role in managing editorial campaigns focused in specific book categories, launching merchandising for new book releases, and managing new content programs. Additional responsibilities include measuring and analyzing the performance of onsite and email programs, identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data, and managing projects that rely on close collaboration with technical and business teams within Amazon.
Candidates should be strong writers, effective communicators, and adept at learning new tools and systems. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working effectively in a deadline-driven work environment.
In this position, candidates will:
- Plan, coordinate and execute merchandising initiatives for the Kindle Bookstore.
- Work closely with Kindle Content teams and physical book teams to merchandise and market new books and seasonal campaigns.
- Write strong copy, including irresistible calls-to-action for targeted audiences.
- Analyze performance of content and email, always seeking ways to improve.
- Analyze traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection.
- Drive site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, web developers, designers, marketers, and other merchandisers.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in online marketing and/or site merchandising.
- BA/BS required.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, and Excel. Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically. Comfortable doing both kinds of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the book/publishing industry.
- Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Proven track record writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to the internet shopper.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- MBA or related Masters preferred.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...