Amazon’s Product and Trade Compliance Systems team is looking for exceptional software engineers to build a distributed product management system.
Product and Trade compliance provides critical services which interact with back-end systems to ensure Amazon delivers products to customers in compliance with all regulations regarding transportation restrictions and import export regulations. We are looking for self-directed engineers to build a scalable, distributed system which validates products against a dynamic set of rules to ensure that products are being transported correctly to their destinations. Build internal tools to properly classify Amazon's huge catalog of products into the proper import and export categories, ensure the information is provided to purchasing and transport carriers for proper international customs clearance. This classification work is the most challenging and ambitious task within Amazon today utilizing state of the art machine learning techniques as well as development of intuitive GUI applications which allow our classification system to leverage human experts knowledge in an easy to use manner deliver high accuracy classifications. This involves implementing new UI elements, testing the changes, analyzing the results, and ensuring reliable operation. The result will be a measurable improvement in number of products available for export and an absence of customs issues with how the products were classified.
Product and Trade Compliance is breaking fresh ground, pioneering a crucial platform for future Amazon growth. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
If you enjoy broadening your technical skills and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation, then this is the job for you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years relevant work experience
• Fundamentals in design and coding skills in Java/C++ on Unix Platforms
• Experience in Perl, Java, Web Service, Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with machine learning and automated rules generation is a plus.
• Experience with large database driven applications and/or distributed computing
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Math or related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...