Job Title : Ambulance Billing Supervisor Location: Akron, OH Req #: 17905 Reports To: PBS Manager Posting End Date: 3/24/2013 Department: Gulfport Company: AMR - PBS Base Pay: Based on experience Employee Type: Full-Time
*Candidates must include a resume with cover letter indicating salary requirements.*
The Billing Supervisor manages the assigned staff to ensure the efficient, smooth, and effective day-to-day operations of the Coding and A/R Follow-up Department’s activities. Adheres to budget and enforces established policies and procedures. The Billing Supervisor ensures the timely and accurate coding and billing of ambulance transports, as well as monitors the progress and resolution of A/R issues.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the performance, speed, quality, attendance, turnover and satisfaction level of employees and provide feedback to managers.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with AMR professionals, (e.g., Operations, Business Development, Sales and Finance), as well as with the Company’s clients, payors, consultants, banks and financial intermediaries and government agencies
- Set example of friendly, helpful “firm-but-fair” management and leadership for subordinates
- Convey an attitude of intolerance for unprofessional behavior
- Seek opportunities to improve the work environment
- Assist other teams and departments in improving inter- and intra-departmental functions
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate and work well with others (e.g., customers, facilities, AMR Operations, and payors).
- Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications
- Convey and inspire a sense of competence and commitment
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Communicate a willingness to help others succeed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health-care administration related field, required
- Two (2) years supervisory experience or leadership position, required
Salary: Will be determined on an individual basis with consideration to background & experience.
Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k WITH company match, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Reimbursement, and Generous Paid Time Off.
We are an EOE/AA employer.
EmCare - 18 months ago