Arup is a global firm of consulting engineers, planners and consultants, providing engineering design, planning and project management services for civil, industrial and building projects. The firm is well respected by both clients and competitors for its professionalism, quality of work and integrity of operations. Arup is regarded as a worldwide leader within the professional engineering field, known for creative thinking and innovative designs that are prominent examples of excellence in the built environment.
Arup has 72 offices in 32 countries around the world, with more than 10,000 staff. The Americas Region has over 1,000 staff in 12 cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, DC, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. The firm has global revenues around $1.6B of which some $260M is generated by the Americas Region. The Region has an ambitious plan to triple in size by 2020, adding more locations and diversifying business offerings. Leveraging technology for competitive advantage is a key part of our 2020 Plan.
This senior level Information Technology position is responsible for building and leading a strategic and operational corporate information systems group for the Americas. The duties include the proper design, implementation and on-going operations of packaged and custom application systems and related application infrastructure, utilizing internal resources and external service providers. The requirements include 15+ years of experience with information systems, including 3+ years as an IT leader or manager over both personnel and projects. This is a “working manager” position.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with IT and business leaders to create and communicate a unified applications strategy and approach. Develop and deliver a ‘systems enablement plan’ to support the aspirations, goals, needs, ways of working, competitive-edge in support of the Americas 2020 strategy, exploiting global solutions where possible. Liaise with local project directors and managers to draft development briefs for specialist project software (following the Arup Australian model), and project management of the same
- Facilitate requirements gathering and business process analysis to ensure proper translation from business requirements to system design and implementation
- Coordinate the gathering, rationalisation and articulation of Americas systems needs in relation to global system developments. Coordinate regional roll-out of software systems.
- Assist with systems problems, determine causes, recommend and implement solutions as required
- Initiate, develop, coordinate and manage multiple on-going technical projects and initiatives maximizing the use of the company’s budget, contractors and full-time resources
- Evaluate and recommend new application systems, tools and technologies to ensure a cohesive, current information system and application infrastructure portfolio
- Continuously develop a highly motivated team of full-time employees, contractors and consultants through effective organizational design, quality recruiting and people development
- Develop and maintain vendor and consultant relations for current and future development and support efforts. Manage the region’s software/ systems applications agreements with 3rd parties.
Arup - 10 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...