Responsible for information systems design, development, and analysis encompassing one or more of the following areas of technical expertise: programming, PC application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines.
- Position requires previous work experience supporting NUWC-Keyport.
- Candidate must have experience with acoustic countermeasure systems.
- Position requires ACTIVE SECRET clearance.
5 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 3 years relevant experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job’s education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor’s degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Candidate preferred to have...
- Extensive experience with sonar signal processing and analysis.
- Scientific, database and utility application programming experience.
- System and network administration for Linux/Unix workstations and PCs.
- Highly proficient in C, C++, C#, Linux /Unix shell, X Windows.
- Experience with Assembler coding for microprocessors, and with IA, SELinux, VNC and custom kernel development for an imbedded Linux system.
Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) designs, builds and maintains a variety of nuclear and non-nuclear ships for the U.S. Navy and builds high-endurance cutters for the U.S. Coast Guard. In addition, HII provides aftermarket services for military ships around the globe. For over a century, HII has been building more ships, in more ship classes, than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. Employing nearly 38,000 shipbuilders in Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and California, Huntington Ingalls Industries’ primary business divisions are Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding.
HII is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. - 2 years ago