The Analog / Mixed Signal IC design engineer will be responsible for the development of the analog control and digital interfaces of RF switch based products, including switches, antenna switch module (ASM) and digital step attenuators (DSA) for the handset and infrastructure markets. Designs will be done on SOI, bulk CMOS and BiCMOS.
Responsibilities include design, simulation, and verification and production ramp support of highly integrated, high volume Switch Controllers for the very fast paced and competitive wireless handset and infrastructure markets. The candidate must be able to work well with other design engineers, including RF lead designers, and layout designers. The candidate will face challenging tasks in order to meet critical performance parameters while working on multiple products in parallel. Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing the Cadence environment are necessary.
The following qualifications are desirable but not required
- BSEE plus 5 years experience.
- Demonstrated Analog and/or Mixed-signal IC design experience using CMOS, BiCMOS or SOI
- Experience designing several of these blocks: bandgap, regulator, charge-pumps, power detector, comparator, active filters, oscillators, level shifters, serial and parallel interfaces, decoders and other custom logic.
- Experienced in implementing on chip ESD protection strategies for HBM, MM and CDM.
- Proficient with Cadence simulation tools
- Layout experience using the Cadence flow, including LVS and DRC. The designer will mainly be supported by layout engineers but will need to provide floorplan and layout recommendations to the CAD group as well as review the final layouts and perform post layout simulations
- Strong understanding of layout techniques and constraints, including matching, electromigration, shielding, parasitic etc…
- Candidates may perform verification testing of their designs and will support product debugging: a strong hands on use of lab equipments including signal generators, oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzer is required
- Strong understanding of CMOS fabrication and how this affects the device physics, device model and circuit performance.
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- MSEE Degree and 1-2 years experience, or Ph.D. candidate with track record of chips designed, laid out, taped-out and measured in the lab.
- Hands-on experience designing RF switches controllers and RF switches
- Knowledgeable in RF concepts, design and measurement (S parameters, IMD, harmonics…)
- Experience with other simulators such as ADS (Harmonic Balance, Envelope, Transient, Momentum EM simulator)
- Experience designing chips for supply voltages higher than the process reliability limits.
- Hands-on experience in digital interface circuit design and simulation such as SPI and MIPI is a plus.
- Experience with digital design flow is a plus (VHDL coding, RTL synthesis, logic simulation, place and route)
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports...