Join a team comprising the Legal, Engineering and Business disciplines, which provides a range of services and guidance regarding intellectual property (IP) to Qualcomm business units, including:
- Provide IP advice and consulting to all Qualcomm departments
- Help defend Qualcomm's product and business model against third party legal attacks.
- Provide technical and strategic support to QC customers against legal attacks.
- Help plan and execute IP strategy in order to build future QC IP portfolio.
In order to succeed at this position, candidates must have:
- An extensive depth and breadth of technical experience in one or more of the following at the system and circuit level: RFIC, Analog IC, PMIC or Mixed Signal.
- RFIC, Analog IC, PMIC or Mixed Signal knowledge of Qualcomm and competitive products
- An extensive network of contacts in the Qualcomm engineering community.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Prior exposure to patents.
- Self-motivation and perseverance.
- Ability to conduct independent research projects and investigative researching with minimum supervision.
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-experts in the field.
- Flexibility to make quick adjustment in a fast-changing environment.
- Design Tools Spectre, LT Spice, Cadence Schematic Capture
- Document Management tools - Agile, Synchronicity or equivalent
- Prefer minimum 5 years of product related experience in one or more of these fields: RFIC, Analog IC, PMIC or Mixed Signal.
Candidate will be responsible to support the department's goals and provide support to:
- Analyze Qualcomm's patent portfolio to assess applicability to standards and products.
- Develop procedures to demonstrate patent infringement, supervise testing, and analyze test results.
- Assess technical and strategic value of 3rd party patent portfolios for potential acquisition.
- Help develop and implement Qualcomm IP strategy.
- Study industry technical trends.
- Determine technical direction of Qualcomm's various engineering and product groups.
- Participate and influence the outcome of patent review boards
Requirements Required: Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's or PhD, Electrical Engineering
Qualcomm - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard