Are you a hands on passionate person that is a great teammate? Do you take pride and ownership in what you do and get stuff done? Do you love structural analysis, from hand calculations to Finite Element Analysis? Do you like bikes? If you can answer yes to all of the above, then do we have a job for you!
Trek Bicycle Corporation is seeking an Analysis Engineer whose primary focus is structural analysis.
- Design experiments to solve long standing questions via instrumentation, road and lab testing, and FE analysis.
- Use advanced engineering tools and theories to make Trek products perform the best in the world.
- Seek-out and implement the next cutting-edge tools, techniques, and designs.
- Consult to a variety of design groups, typically in the R&D phases of projects.
- Act quickly as a technical problem-solving expert when product issues arise.
- Work with marketing groups to tell the story of how products were designed.
- Quantify, measure, and predict product performance.
- Run your own business within Trek, both taking on requests and seeking R&D opportunities that nobody is asking for.
- Focus on adding value and exceeding expectations, thus justifying the expense of a highly-technical design team and toolbox.
- Set the trends for the next frontier of bicycle design & analysis.
- Predict product performance (weight, stiffness, vibration, impact resistance) as designs evolve and provide guidance for design iterations
- Provide guidance and review of design engineering structural analyses.
o We want someone that can understand load paths, FBDs, and what’s going on structurally, who’s not just going to jump into FEA and blindly trust the results.
- 5-7 years FEA experience (preferable 2-3 using Abaqus)
- Experience using classical hand structural analysis
- Basic skills using Solidworks or equivalent
- Independent thinker and worker
- Not afraid to explore and implement new analysis techniques and methods
- Ability to prioritize personal workload
- Highly motivated to explore new concepts that can give Trek advantages over the competitors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Composite analysis using FEA and classical techniques a plus
- Impact analyses of metallic and composite structures a plus
- Experience using structural optimization software (Isight) a plus
- Experience using data acquisition systems, strain gauges, accelerometers a plus
- Experience with numerical method or a computing language is a plus.