CSM Corporation, a leader in the real estate industry is looking for a sharp, highly analytical, and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment while building strong working relationships.
As a leader in the industry, CMS tirelessly develops, supports, and offers the opportunity for our employees to be a part of the big picture! If our goals mirror your own, be ready to fulfill your potential while engaging with some of the most outstanding people within the organization.
Focusing on acquisition and development opportunities in the lodging real estate sector, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining processes, methods and reports that enhance management’s ability to make strategic and accurate investment decisions.
This position is in a matrix environment reporting to the VP, Acquisitions & Developments and the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Capital Investment Analysis: Perform analysis of specific potential capital transactions in lodging real estate by determining expected performance and level of risk through the utilization and/or advancement of financial proformas, models and assessments.
2. Market Research and Analysis: Source and acquire hospitality market research to include market trend analysis and retains statistical data on potential new or existing markets. Research and analyze financial information and data from publications, company sources, and government agencies, to produce informative summaries of business, industry and/or economic conditions. Assist in the development of appropriate presentation materials for any recommendations.
3. Coordinate Acquisition Process: Coordinate hotel acquisition process from initial offer preparation through due diligence and closing by ensuring that all internal and external parties receive appropriate information/analysis and perform the necessary actions to successfully complete the transaction.
4. Support Development Process: Support hotel development process from initial land acquisition through construction and opening by ensuring that all internal and external parties receive appropriate information/analysis and perform the necessary actions to successfully complete the transaction.
5. Ad-hoc Analysis Support: Provides miscellaneous ad-hoc analysis support as needed to other departments within CSM Lodging to accomplish a specific objective.
6. Self Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics degree required. MBA graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in financial analysis or related field.
• Experience in the lodging industry and/or lodging operations highly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze raw data and produce conclusive results for business leaders in a concise fashion.
• Proven ability to build solid working relationships and credibility through effective communication.
• Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Excel software required
- 2 years ago - save job