Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business forensics, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
The Global Forensic and Dispute Services practice is seeking Analysts, Associates, Senior Associates and Managers to be based in the Atlanta office.
The candidate will have an understanding of fundamental accounting principles and be able to apply accounting, auditing, damage and/or valuation theory and procedures to analyze financial information and prepare summaries of information. The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of auditing, business valuation, and/or forensic/litigation service practice areas and possess the skills needed for advancement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in conducting financial forensics regarding fraud and unlawful securities practices, compliance audits related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) or the UK Bribery Act
- Assist engagement teams with the preparation and review of damage claims, drafting of expert reports, preparing expert witnesses for deposition and trial testimony, and summarizing findings in exhibits for trial or other dispute resolution forums
- Demonstrate an understanding of the flow of information and documentation on assigned matters
- Review or investigate origins of entries and unrecorded transactions; review and verify source documents
- Demonstrate the ability to draft letters, document requests and sections of reports for review by senior staff
- Provide timely and consistent updates to supervisors on the progress of work assignments
- Interact with clients in an appropriate and professional manner
- Maintain the confidentiality of the organization’s clients
- Complete all assignments with a high level of attention to detail, as work product may be subject to review by courts and/or government agencies
- Actively work to identify and minimize risk on projects and proposals
- Work with our team to create and modify presentations and industry articles and attend business development calls and functions
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Masters of Tax or Accountancy; or MBA
- 2-7 years of experience including audit and/or prior forensic experience
- CPA or CFA Candidate
- Possess a basic knowledge of accounting theory, auditing theory and procedures, damage theory, or valuation theory and practice
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Demonstrate competency in MS Office programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), and work paper organizational skills
- Competency with database software, such as Access and SQL, a plus (but not required)
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and possess excellent analytical, organizational, research, problem-solving, social, communication and computer skills
- Must be willing and able to travel, as necessary, including internationally
- High level of discretion, as many projects will be highly confidential
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 4 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...