Posting Job Title Analyst, Consolidated Accounting and Reporting |
Requisition # 140781BR
Posting Location Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Analyst, Consolidated Accounting and Reporting for our Operations Accounting Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Corporate Consolidated Accounting and Reporting is primarily responsible for the following:
- GL close and financial statement preparation for
monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Accounting for consolidated subsidiaries and third-party
- Equity accounting and analysis, including equity-based
compensation and earnings per share.
- Projects related to and maintenance of legal entities.
- Intercompany allocation accounting and analysis.
- Coordinating assistance with our external auditors and
compliance with corporate SOX department.
- Coordination and preparation of quarterly reporting
package to be used in conjunction with SEC filings.
- Assisting with special projects requested by senior
Essential Job Functions:
Specifically in this role as an Accounting Analyst, the essential job functions of this position are as follows:
- Completion of monthly legal entity allocations, including
journal entries, analysis, and other associated reporting.
- Monthly cash flow statement accounting duties including
all associated reporting and analysis.
- Preparation of quarterly schedules for the SEC reporting
package and vouching of Earnings Releases and other
- Assistance with consolidation accounting and legal
- Preparation of adhoc financial reporting requests, other
analyses and special projects as requested by
- Completion of monthly account reconciliations and
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2 - 5 years accounting experience.
- CPA or passed portions of CPA examination.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced PC skills particularly in the use of Excel is
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with
minimal supervision under stressful conditions.
- Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple tasks
- Dedicated employee able to work flexible hours,
including hours beyond the normal work week when
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and
understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze transactions, determine proper
accounting, and understand and complete variance
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to
communicate ideas effectively and concisely to all levels
of management, internal and external auditors and
- MBA and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus, or other ERP
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, a pension plan and Free Cable/Internet. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
FCC Unit_TWC HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...