Javelin is looking for an Analyst to join our established Consumer Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have expereince reviewing data and executing analytically-intensive tasks necessary to generate campaign findings, analytic insights and recommendations to enable continuous, measurable improvement of client’s direct marketing campaigns.
Communication is also key! We are looking for someone with the ablity to summarize and communicate analytic findings, insights and recommendations via executive-level summary documents and presentations to support management decision-making.
Experience balancing tactical analytic responsibilities and strategic recommendation and insight is greatly desired.
- Conducts data and analytically-intensive tasks necessary to generate campaign findings, analytic insights and recommendations to enable continuous, measurable improvement of client’s marketing campaigns (direct, mass and online).
- Actively look for ways to improve efficiency and/or quality of marketing science processes and deliverables.
- Interacts with: Sr. Managers, Consultants, Sr. Analysts, Analysts, Project Managers, Account Managers and Supervisors, external clients (peer to executive level), and external vendors and partner agencies.
- Utilize database knowledge, programming skills and data manipulation / query tools to produce actionable reports (e.g. list counts, ad hoc queries, campaign summary reports, etc.) to meet client needs.
- Utilize data analysis and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, recommendations and hypotheses.
- Ensure the quality of the data environment, processing steps and deliverables of all analytic projects.
- Liaison with database and other internal teams to define requirements and timelines to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of data elements required for analytic projects.
- Summarize and communicate analytic findings, insights and recommendations via executive-level summary documents and presentations to support management decision-making.
- Develop direct mail campaign test designs and documents test requirements in learning plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or business with quantitative work experience (required).
- Post graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA (a plus but not required).
- Strong background in data creation, manipulation and analysis (including experience with transactional data).
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experiential knowledge of Direct Marketing techniques for: testing and evaluation of campaign elements, tracking and measurement of campaign metrics, and analysis and reporting of campaign metrics.
- Basic knowledge of experimental/test design.
- Experience in marketing research, direct marketing and/or marketing analytics.
- Understanding of advertising/marketing business issues and business service industry dynamics.
- Experience with interactive data a plus (Atlas, Google Analytics, Webtrends).
- Significant demonstrated experience with data set creation and data manipulation (sorting, merging, variable creation).
- 5+ years work experience in marketing data analysis.
- Strong basic statistics background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
Javelin Technologies is a fully authorized and certified SolidWorks training and support organization. The company provides mechanical...