The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Fund Management Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Fund Deployment and will be responsible for supporting the deployment of assets across SolarCity’s investment funds. The position works closely with Asset Management, Operations, Finance to strategically deploy assets. This position will also interact with SolarCity’s fund investors.
The Fund Management Group is responsible for the management of the portfolio of Lease and PPA assets on behalf of SolarCity’s investment funds, which includes both deployment and investor reporting. SolarCity’s investment funds currently total $1.6B.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager or Fund Management to deploy investment funds on a monthly basis
- Actively manage open funds by deploying assets on an ongoing basis
- Build and maintain forecasts and timelines for deployment of funds on an individual and consolidated basis
- Develop cash flow forecast across funds on an individual and consolidated basis
- Assist in tracking the compliance of each fund with all requirements detailed in the transaction documents
- Prepare monthly presentations for investors, as part of the deployment process
The ideal candidate will be a proven performer in the field of financial planning and analysis and enjoy working in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment. The candidate MUST be a team player and able to work collaboratively. The successfull candidate will be able to:
Specific qualifications required include:
- Build accurate and well-structured MS Excel-based financial models to determine fund forecasts, performance, metrics and other results as necessary, and present them in a concise and logical manner;
- Develop presentations in PowerPoint format in a simple and innovative way;
- Meet deadlines, adapt to change, and handle multiple priorities;
- Be a team player, and collaborate with other team members in a calm and positive manner;
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both internally and externally;
- Work collaboratively within the broader Asset Management, Operations, and Finance Groups.
- Bachelor's degree from an academically outstanding undergraduate institution
- 2+ years experience in finance and/or analytical role
- Significant experience in forecasting financial performance, developing metrics, and mining data
- Expert with MS Excel, and highly skilled with other MS Office products including PowerPoint, Word and Visio. SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to independently build and manage complex MS Excel models
- Familiarity with financial principles
SolarCity - 14 months ago
Ready to get off the grid? SolarCity can help. The company sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert...