Position can be in either Latham, NY or Plainview, NY
The Analyst has overall responsibility for a variety of reporting tasks and associated analysis related to Davis Vision clients with government sponsored plans, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, etc. which can be quite detailed and complex. This position sources, compiles, interprets and reconciles key business financial, operational and statistical data, and generates a variety of value-added reports for senior-level executives, internal customers and external clients. This position will work with the Client Reporting Supervisor and Client Management adhere to overall business process, approach, and discipline of reporting and analysis within the unit. This Analyst is required to work independently with client managers and client representatives to identify trends, develop and present explanations for variances in payment or utilization patterns and conduct independent reviews of provider utilization patterns to identify opportunities for improvement in service or cost.
Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all corporate internal/external reporting, consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases and manage the various reporting tools utilized by Davis Vision.
· Analyze, interpret and report financial and operational performance trends from various channels & departments, identifying areas performing outside of expected results.
· Develop efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate & maintain departmental reports used internally and externally.
· Participate in the development of a data warehouse and subsequent reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports.
· Maintain a reporting schedule and documentation of reporting procedures.
· Meet all time sensitive reporting dates.
· Perform ad hoc duties in accordance with business needs. Identify and document required data elements and analytical data routines to support ongoing and new reporting and analysis.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience in defining, developing, and testing reports using MS Access, MS Excel, SQL, Adobe Acrobat, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar query language is preferred.
· 2+ years progressive business operations experience, preferably in managed care or retail optical
· Project management experience a plus
· Prior experience with government sponsored programs required.
Experience & Background:
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities. Business acumen is presumed.
· Expert proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access, strong proficiency with other MS Office applications
· Ability to interface with multiple users across the organization and effectively project manage reporting requirements from start to finish.
· Attention to details, in particular as it relates to compliance and accuracy of data.
· Strong knowledge and comprehension of technology and data management used in the process of collecting, storing and retrieving data.
· A good comprehension of the various operating departments of a business organization coupled with a good working knowledge of the interpretation of operational and financial reports.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing and growth oriented environment with regularly changing priorities and developing opportunities
· Demonstrate strong communication (both verbal and written), and customer service skills, and exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
· Ability to manage own work flow and meet deadlines while responding to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external)
· Ability to work independently a well as part of a team
Davis Vision Incorporated - 17 months ago