Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an Analyst, Investment Operations.
With some direction, this position is responsible for assisting with gathering, analyzing, and reporting investment data. This position also assists with maintaining accuracy of systems and monitoring portfolio compliance and trade settlement.
1. With some direction performs more routine tasks, analyses, and processes related to the following:
a. gathering, analyzing, and reporting investment data
b. creating new reports
c. maintaining accuracy and integrity of various applications, systems, and databases
d. reconciling information from various sources
e. modeling various securities or information
f. monitoring portfolio compliance and trade settlement process
g. performing the month-end closing process
h. researching and resolving complex issues related to security transactions or processes
i. producing ad-hoc reports of information from various sources
2. Independently resolves basic problems and resolves complex problems with guidance from others
3. Develops in-depth knowledge of policies and procedures within assigned area
4. Participate in the development and implementation of investment strategies and tactics within the function
5. Maintain and foster effective relationships both within and outside of the company with senior leaders, portfolio managers, traders, research analysts and Wall Street
1. Maintain pipeline database as it relates to the deal flow and the portfolio and generate ticket to affect deal closing
2. Coordinate all phases of documenting and funding deal transactions
3. Maintain procedure manual
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.)
1. Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field
2. 0-5 years progressively responsible business or investment operations experience with a general understanding of investment securities, investment accounting, operations, and the use of technology preferred
3. Demonstrated strong analytical skills
4. Ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and internal/external clients. Developing skill in negotiating, influencing. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Achievement orientation demonstrated by a long track record of leadership, solid judgment, high performance and achievement of target results.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of Bloomberg and other investment management systems as well as the MS Office suite.
7. Maintain notary public in good standing and licensing as required – or acquire within 90 days of employment.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Brokerage, Investment
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: ARJ20130803-93488
CUNA Mutual Group - 17 months ago