Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
This role, in the Office of the General Counsel of Wealth and Investment Management Americas, will provide general legal support in areas including litigation, regulatory, banking, and investment management to the WIM Americas Legal team in New York.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of legal documents using general legal concepts and firm policies and procedures, help review non-standard documents and make revisions as needed.
- Proofread; draft, review and edit settlement agreements, general releases, contracts and other general correspondence.
- Attend to subpoenas and other forms of document requests, as needed, including assisting with the collection and production of documents, as well as drafting written responses.
- Update and submit various internal reports on activities, including litigation, legal risk management, and highlights on a periodic basis.
- Maintain electronic database/log of all matters and hard copy files up-to-date.
- Assist with law firm invoices and related administrative duties.
- Perform legal and internet research, as needed.
- Attend to and manage special projects, as needed.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 2+ years of experience as a legal assistant/paralegal or in-house financial services legal department.
- Proven ability to competently and independently handle/prioritize multiple responsibilities; demonstrated experience of completing assignments in a timely and complete fashion and make recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Familiarity with legal research (LEXIS and WestLaw).
Barclays Investment Bank - 20 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...