Position: Analyst, Market and Product Analytics
Location: Houston, Texas
Reports To: Manager, Supply
You will join a team of bright and dedicated people who ensure that we provide a cost effective and competitive supply of energy for our customers.
YouTube: Learn more about what people have to say about working with Just Energy: http:// bit.ly/TEvLKI .
Why you should join Just Energy:
We are a North American market leader in retail energy, green energy, and home services, with a market capitalization of nearly $2 Billion, and millions of happy customers. Our highly collaborative work environment is described by three simple words: ENERGY, OPPORTUNITY, and GROWTH. We provide an energetic and engaging work environment that is focused on professional and business growth, and where our colleagues have opportunities to excel and be rewarded with further growth opportunities, competitive compensation, performance bonuses, share ownership, and group benefits. If you are energetic, bright, driven, and you want to be part of something really great, then join us. You can realize your potential here at Just Energy.
Your primary accountabilities:
- Market and competitive intelligence research
- In each market we operate, model/optimize the individual cost items associated with the retail cost of providing supply of energy for our customers.
- Design/maintain pricing models and maintain assumptions database with market rules and uplifts
- Develop margin forecast models for the retail book and assist others within the company in reporting retail portfolio metrics and preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- University Degree in finance, engineering, mathematics or economics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL.
- Well developed analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills, and the ability to apply these skills to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Strong analytical and economic modeling capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Ability to learn new skills as required
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Exposure to forecasting is an asset.
- Previous experience with electricity and/or gas commodities is an asset.
- Some experience in financial modeling & revenue reporting is an asset.
- Experience with competitive retail markets is an asset.
- Follow us on:
- Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube
Just Energy - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer...