Analyst, Materials is responsible to assist the Director of Materials Management in managing financial reporting systems for sourcing, purchasing, inventory, and spend. Serve as the primary contact between the department and Hanger IT Department. Support department efforts to identify and maximize savings opportunities through research and analysis.
NOTE: Preference for this position to be based in either Alpharetta, GA or Austin, TX
- Develop strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong contributor to departmental efficiency initiatives
- Troubleshoot issues and collaborate on initiatives between departments
- Perform timely spend analysis and reporting
- Perform timely savings analysis and reporting
- Develop comprehensive reports summarizing procurement spend and savings information to allow supply management to focus on the largest cost reduction opportunities and deliver strong results
- Assist the supply management area to make the best sourcing decisions based on a total cost of ownership approach and perform various analytical evaluations such as net-present value calculations.
- Assist in establishing department and individual procurement objectives and manage the tracking thereof.
- In conjunction with internal controls, assist the internal control efforts for procurement to meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Evaluate the financial impacts for long-term agreements, raw material indexes, hedging strategies, etc.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in finance required or an equivalent experience, with an MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Purchasing Finance or a related field.Able to handle confidential information as appropriate.
- Attention to detail, and set/change priorities as needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain critical working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to others.
- Ability to perform complex analysis for supplier and material contracts
- Develop long range financial plans, streamline operational procedures
- Perform continuous improvement activities, and present project reports to senior management
- Knowledge of financial and cost management, contract management, and spreadsheet analysis
- Skills with Microsoft Office Suites and spreadsheets are essential
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of urgency and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and work productively with others to provide the best solution to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to organize, multi-task & prioritize while keeping a focus on short and long term objectives.
- Customer service centric and results driven.
Hanger, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard