The Analyst, Policy and Evaluation will analyze data, including assessing processes using evaluation techniques consistent with regulatory requirements and overseeing market studies designed to inform the development of future energy efficiency programs. The Analyst will also support energy efficiency pre-approval filings, reporting, and shareholder incentive filings. Other responsibilities include:
- Collecting energy efficiency program costs and results in coordination with multiple areas of the organization to support program strategy development.
- Preparing key program evaluation findings and recommendations to communicate with the Sales, Marketing, and other relevant areas of the Company
- Providing regulatory information in order to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid policies, processes and programs.
- Overseeing competitive solicitations for program evaluation studies that must be completed by external evaluation consultants and participating in the review of study proposals and the selection of evaluation consultants to ensure best outcome
- Managing evaluation studies within approved budgets for the project(s) as well as developing budgets for all proposed energy efficiency program efforts
- Participating in the ISO Forward Capacity Market by bidding in projected demand savings from energy efficiency program efforts. Executing pre-approval filings, shareholder incentive filings, results reporting, etc. including participation in technical sessions, hearings, preparing responses to information requests, etc.
- Working with contract or external service providers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of established contractual agreements and/or service level
- A Bachelor's degree required. Business, social science, or engineering related area preferred.
- A minimum of five years 5+ years of energy efficiency evaluation or energy industry related analytical and/or regulatory work required Supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of the electric and gas industry; energy efficiency program planning, design, implementation and evaluation, local and national energy policy.
- Regulatory and legislative experience, including managing regulatory processes or contributing to regulatory filings.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).*
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...