The role of the Pricing Analyst is to be responsible for establishing profitable and competitive rates for cargo moving in the international trades by developing, recommending, and implementing pricing strategies and positions. This position is responsible for negotiation with sales and customer service for new rates in line with trade objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Receive, review, process and set rates that meet customer needs and trade objectives, directly work with sales to meet their customers' rate needs within company guidelines, and gather competitive information.
- Perform analysis of Rate/Cost/Competition for bids and contract cargo.
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of service contracts.
- Respond to Request for Quote and bid requests.
- Conduct review of RRR for service contract and tariff cargo
- Review and draft contract proposals and amendments, prepare Trade service contracts.
- Provide proper interpretation on tariff related matters to avoid misinterpretation and/or inaccuracies of tariff information.
- Coordinate and solicit input from field offices on pricing and tariff matters. Provide feedback on and report competitive pricing activities in the markets.
- Research and analyse tariff, pricing, bid, and contract related issues and information.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Analytical experience or progressively responsible experience in pricing or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to use systematic approach in problem solving through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Ability to use logic, mathematics and other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Ability to execute individual business decisions consistent with strategy, make decisions on available information, negotiate and make commitments.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel & Word
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to adapt to changing business environment.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Foreign language a plus.
- Willingness to travel minimally.
APL - 19 months ago
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...