Analyst, Real Estate Construction Lending
1st Financial Funding & Investment
Location: Midtown Manhattan
The analyst will be part of a small, newly-formed group within a bank subsidiary. As such, the position offers unparalleled experience. The analyst will play an integral role in all aspects of the business line and through this exposure gain comprehensive and practical knowledge of both lending/finance and construction. As well, the analyst will gain first-hand exposure to the intricacies and challenges of building a business while enjoying the stability of a larger, decades-old organization. After 3 years in the position, a successful analyst should have great career flexibility to decide between advancing within the group, moving externally to a different real estate investment/lending practice, and becoming a real estate entrepreneur.
More specifically, the group is focused on financing east coast merchant homebuilders; providing them with quick turn-around project financing. Job responsibilities include:
- Interacting with clientele to respond to their needs
- Evaluating loan opportunities
- Performing upfront due diligence on borrowers, markets, and properties
- Performing ongoing due diligence to ensure construction work is handled appropriately
- Preparing loan memoranda and presenting internally
- Assisting with legal work including lending proposals, loan documentation, and loan closings
- Performing market and industry research
- Coordinating with, and/ or managing, internal and external personnel such as counsel, lending partners, appraisers, etc.
- Traveling throughout the east coast for meetings and site inspections.
The successful candidate will demonstrate (i) interest in real estate; (ii) a strong work ethic and an ability to handle a rigorous work environment; and (iii) academic success. Prior work experience in real estate is not required but would give the candidate preference.
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
We provide market competitive compensation and bonus potential and a comprehensive benefits program, including affordable medical/dental/vision insurance, generous paid leave program, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, financial childcare assistance and much more!
- Language/Reasoning/Mathematical or other specific skills:
- Able to work independently, accurately, and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Diligent worker with solid intuition and backbone; able to recognize and address all types of problems
- Have endurance, handle repetitive aspects of job without loss of focus
- High attention to detail
- Mature and polished
- Highly organized
1st Financial Bank USA - 20 months ago