Analyst, Research and Insights (International)
About the position
Research and Insights Analysts work in teams on research studies to surface key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.
Research studies can range anywhere from 1-9 months in duration, and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to healthcare executives. Most recent studies have addressed topics such as health care reform, the Emergency Department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and other strategic issues facing hospitals. These studies are also published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts the opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role.
Analysts typically work on at several research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to research and project needs. Across each research project, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
- Collaborate on research agenda setting
- Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Conduct quantitative analyses using hospital-level data
- Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
- Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.
The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum three months of work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Proficient in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or German
- Demonstrated interest in international health care markets
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
The Advisory Board Company - 22 months ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...