Forrester’s customer experience research group serves professionals who are responsible — in whole or part — for customer experience initiatives at their companies. Our clients work mostly at large companies and have titles like vice president of customer experience or director of customer experience, although they sometimes have more specialized titles like creative director or manager of usability. Our research spans interactions within channels like the Web, phone (call centers), IVR, retail environments, and kiosks, as well as interactions that go across those channels. The Analyst will conduct primary and secondary research in support of Forrester research products. The Analyst will write, speak, and advise clients about Forrester’s customer experience research. The Analyst must also maintain current knowledge of best practices for specific topic areas like customer experience strategy, customer understanding, user-centered design, customer experience governance, customer experience measurement, or building a customer-centric culture.
The Analyst works as part of a small but global team and collaborates with other team members in all aspects of the job. He or she will:
• Develop a deep understanding of what Forrester clients require to be successful as Customer Experience Professionals.
• Conduct research into all aspects of the responsibilities of the Customer Experience Professional, including how to benchmark the customer experience of a channel or an entire company, how to make the business case for funding customer experience initiatives, and how to transform the business to be more customer-centric.
• Help define the future of customer experience as a business strategy by painting an accurate, forward-looking view of how it will evolve and what results it can produce.
• Write three to four long research reports per year that analyze current best practices or convey new ideas in a rich business context.
• Write 10 short research reports per year on industry events, technology happenings, and user trends.
• Consult with clients to apply Forrester’s research in the context of their specific business environment and help solve their problems.
• Provide telephone and email inquiry responses to queries placed by Forrester clients.
• Provide pre-sales support via telephone and face-to-face meetings with Forrester prospects as arranged by Forrester’s sales and marketing teams.
• Present at Forrester-sponsored conferences, briefings, and webinars.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Two or more years of responsibility as a practitioner or consultant in the field of customer experience.
• Strong academic record of achievement; M.S. degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and computer skills.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...