Under general supervision, the Sr. SAP Analyst (APO-SNP) will lead and/or participate in end-to-end supply chain optimization projects, including KPI development and deployment, supply chain modeling and process automation. The incumbent will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, configure, and implement SAP’s business process solutions.
· Lead the design and implementation of large sized projects such as implementing planning for a product line
· As a member of configuration team: configure solutions to meet the business requirements in PP and APO-SNP.
· Follow all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance for assigned projects.
· Adhere to established standards and best practices to delivery stable, reliable and highly available solutions.
· Participate in the development of technical designs and architectures for development projects.
· Demonstrate effective and collaborative communication with internal team members and all business partners.
· Review project tasks and provide accurate estimates for completion of tasks.
· Research and debug potential performance or other system anomalies.
· Update, edit and compile technical documentation including: unit, integration, and acceptance test plans, support documentation, end user documentation for delivered solutions and other tasks as assigned.
· Communicate status of project tasks to senior team members and management as required.
· Manage multiple small projects and production support solutions for multiple business areas.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Able to work with business analysts and understand business issues and provide solutions
· Able to articulate and compare alternative configuration and business process approaches
· Able to independently propose and implement solution designs
· Translate business requirements into functional design and then into technical specifications.
· Intermediate to advanced business process knowledge and ability to provide context to requirements.
· Solid oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact constructively with senior management.
· General knowledge of configuration, development, and cross functional integration.
· Advanced skills in SAP R/3, APO process modeling and implementation and design. Ability to recognize and minimize design dependencies between projects.
· General working knowledge and problem solving skills related to integrated modules such as SD and all other used application tools. Able to follow recommended business solutions.
· Experience in setting up planning areas and books, authorization concepts etc.
· Excellent knowledge of SAP R/3 production planning and execution, SAP APO DP, and SNP.
· In depth knowledge of SAP DP, CTM and SNP Heuristics as a solver
· In depth knowledge of transaction data (Sales Orders, Forecast Consumption, Production Orders, etc.)
· Experience in analyzing supply plans generated by CTM/SNP Heuristics and troubleshooting exceptions
· Expertise in any or all of the following a plus: advanced safety stock planning, aggregated CTM planning, Global Available to Promise (GATP), subcontracting processes in SNP and deployment
· Hands on experience working on SAP ECC 6.0 and SCM 5.0 and above
· Experience in system integrations including CIF and BW
· General working knowledge of drop ship scenarios, QM, IM, inbound WM and MM and related processes.
· Demonstrate advanced conceptual reasoning skills and discretionary judgment and an understanding of business area policies and processes.
· Basic knowledge of an SDLC process.
· Solid project management and facilitation skills, including ability to use influence, persuasion, and mediation to resolve issues and drive consensus.
· Familiarity with researching in OSS.
· General working knowledge of upgrade processes and all aspects of system testing.
· General understanding of latest development tools in SAP, APO integration, EDI technologies.
· Able to work extended or non-standard hours to support business needs and project deadlines as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, logistics or related area, or equivalent additional work experience required.
· Courses or certificates in APICS, CPM, CPIM or PMI preferred
· Advanced degree a plus
· Minimum 4 years SAP R3 or APO configuration and full lifecycle implementation experience in a team environment.
· Minimum 2 CTM implementations
· Business background in supply chain planning, procurement, production, or operations is highly desired.
Callaway Golf - 14 months ago
Big Bertha gets Callaway Golf swinging. With its flagship driver named after a WWI cannon, Callaway makes premium-priced golf clubs that are...