Supports the analysis and management of RGA’s MBS, ABS, and CMBS portfolios by conducting analysis of the aggregate portfolio of these classes for cash flows, interest rate risk positioning, credit risk positioning, etc, as well as assisting in all security analysis work to support buy and sell decisions for the securities in these asset classes.
- Monitor markets: continuously communicate with sales and trading staff at Wall Street firms, read Bloomberg’s, as well as selective research and other emails from Wall Street brokers and analysts; plus perform relative value analysis on structured securities and continuously communicate with our own in house traders and portfolio managers to achieve an overall knowledge that will dictate the appropriate trades to make
- Provide credit and relative value analysis of potential portfolio purchases; and provide ongoing monitoring of credit trends for existing portfolio holdings of non-government guaranteed structured securities.
- Analyze the portfolios against a benchmark and make recommendations to achieve as high as possible investment income while managing risk and attaining a measure of total return.
- Initiate bottom up credit and relative value opinions of structured securities and integrate into a top down view of our Structured Product Bond portfolio, taking into account the relevant risk factors with the various market subsectors.
- Track weekly spreads of all sectors and sub-sectors of the structured products market including RMBS, CMBS, mortgages, ABS and CDOs/CLOs.
- Support the Head trader in reviewing and challenging prices of securities in the different portfolios documenting the reasons for challenges according to accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Wall Street dealers, analysts, and strategists.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or related field or equivalent related work experience·
- CFA Charter Holder or in process of achieving CFA designation·
- 5+ years investment-related experience with an understanding of fixed income trading ·
- Experience with Bloomberg analytics· Intermediate MS Excel skills·
- Highly advanced oral and written communication, presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by all stakeholders, including customers and associates.·
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and quantitative analysis.·
- Highly advanced knowledge and understanding of asset/liability management in an insurance context.·
- Expert understanding of fixed income markets including corporate bonds, ABS, MBS, CMBS, high yield, emerging markets, commercial loans, private placements, and alternative investments.·
- Highly advanced skills in portfolio analysis and fixed income analytics (i.e. sector weightings, portfolio duration, performance attribution, convexity, and term structure of interest rates).·
- Highly advanced knowledge of investment management systems, including trade order management, fixed income analytics and compliance.·
- Advanced skills in portfolio and security-level analysis system tools.·
- Advanced ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.·
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.·
- Highly advanced skills in managing multiple tasks, projects and/or sub-teams simultaneously, including the ability to handle changing priorities.·
- Highly advanced skills in translating business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.·
- Highly advanced project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain understanding, schedule resources, and manage budget to plan.
- Master’s Degree, MBA, ASA or FSA
- Experience with Blackrock Solutions and TREPP analytics
- 6+ years experience within insurance/reinsurance industry
Reinsurance Group of America - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard