The Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for the high level design and integration of software development. Effectively partners with project managers and application developers in developing delivery roadmaps, defining business processes, and associated system requirements. Demonstrates passion for strengthening and enhances business results via software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gathering Requirements and Analysis
2. System Design, Validation and Implementation
- Analyzes current and future state business processes
- Evaluates alternatives and defines a recommended system approach
- Leads in producing deliverables including business process flows; use cases; and storyboards
- Facilitates project and administrative meetings
- Oversees status reports
- Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
- Insures compliance with SOX
3. System and User Support
- Transforms requirements into software design
- Leads in producing deliverables including database layouts; application modules; and user interface mock-ups
- Documents technical design specifications for software developers/programmers
- Leads group to resolve questions and issues during development cycle
- Defines testing cases and scripts
- Performs system testing and leads user acceptance testing cycle
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Provides day-to-day application support to business users
- Troubleshoots production problems and work to fix issues
- Understands technology and systems infrastructure
- Completes minor software programming modifications
- Trains users on system processes and changes
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
- 2+ years’ programming experience within an information services environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in general IT environment within corporate setting.
- 3+ years’ experience in an analyst role performing system analysis and writing functional and technical specifications.
- BS/BA in business management information systems, computer science, software engineering, business, or equivalent technical degree required.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objective.
- Understands and experienced with manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, sales, marketing, or service business processes.
- Experienced with packaged software and with custom software development (SQL Server, .NET technology, Red Prairie WMS, ASI, and IBM iSeries/AS400).
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Polaris Industries - 18 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...