The Systems Analyst will work on projects related to the creation, modification and support of the Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions within Polaris Operations Applications group. The Systems Analyst is responsible for the high level design and integration of software development by effectively partnering with business users, project managers and application developers. This individual will analyze existing business processes and data flows to develop systems designs, delivery roadmaps and integrations to other systems. The Systems Analyst must demonstrate passion for strengthening and enhancing business results through software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Systems Design and Analysis (45%)
• Analyzes current and future state business processes
• Evaluates alternatives and formulates system scope and objectives to create or modify an application
• Transforms requirements into software design
• Documents technical design specifications for software developers/programmers including database layouts; application modules; and user interface mock-ups
• Write test scenarios, perform system testing and lead user acceptance testing cycles
• Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live
Systems Support (30%)
• Provides day-to-day application support to business users
• Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues
• Understands technology and systems infrastructure
• Completes minor software programming modifications
• Trains users on system processes and changes
• Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
User Interface/Communications (15%)
• Communicate with users to develop application definitions
• Work with users on functional requirements, development and implementation plans
• Work with users and IS teams to manage a project from concept through testing and rollout
• Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
• Value and embrace teamwork and joint collaboration and be responsible for successful completion of tasks
• Participate in project and administrative meetings
• Train users on system processes
• Prepare project status reports
• Maintains compliance to Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• BS/BA in business management information systems, computer science, software engineering, or equivalent technical degree required.
• 3-5 years experience in an analyst role performing systems analysis and writing functional and technical specifications required.
• 2 years programming experience within an information services environment (RPG experience preferred) required.
• Understands and experienced with Order to Cash / Supply Chain business processes.
• Experienced with packaged and custom software development (Infor XA, IBM iSeries/AS400, SQL) environments.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Possesses strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
Standard corporate environment
Polaris Industries - 18 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...