We are looking for a capable Income Tax Analyst to join our growing Tax Department. The Income Tax Analyst will work closely with the Tax Managers to manage the ArcelorMittal federal and state income tax function, including tax planning, management of IRS/state income tax audits, tax return compliance, and tax accounting for external financial reporting.
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns by assisting the outside accounting firm that prepares the returns, collecting and analyzing financial information, and preparing tax workpapers used to support the tax returns;
- Preparing financial statement tax balances, reports, and records by collecting, analyzing, calculating, and summarizing tax information to support the audits of financial statement tax balances by the external auditor;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and SEC tax and financial reporting requirements by maintaining knowledge of regulations, communicating with outside tax advisors, advising management on needed actions, documenting company positions, and adhering to requirements;
- Assisting in the preparation and review of transfer pricing analysis;
- Maintaining, modifying, improving and monitoring compliance with Tax Department systems and processes to ensure ongoing compliance with the internal control requirements of section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly tax reporting schedules and reconciliations;
- Developing/implementing tax strategies and conducting research & analysis on specific issues related to federal and state income/franchise tax;
- Researching and responding to federal, state and local tax notices;
- Managing IRS and state income tax audits, including preparing responses to information/document requests and coordinating assistance of outside tax advisors; and
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be required.
- At least 2 years of federal and/or state income tax experience; and
- Strong analytical, organizational, technical, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or large corporate environment;
- IRS and state audit experience;
- Tax provision & financial reporting experience; and/or
- Tax research & planning experience.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- JD, MBA, CPA or Masters of Taxation
ArcelorMittal - 16 months ago
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...