We are seeking an Analyst to join our investment team working within our Top/Down research group. The purpose of this role is to add significant value to the investment team by developing and building the next phase of our top-down research system and big-data platform. This person will work closely with other research analysts and portfolio managers. The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Have a strong grasp of programming principles – both the 'hows' and the 'whys'.
- World-class computing skills, working with large unstructured data-sets and creating techniques to parse and process them and to understand non-obvious patterns within them.
- Broad experience working on web-scraping projects and the issues and challenges and solutions.
- Significant training in quantitative and analytic methods. World-class analytic skills as demonstrated by standardized test scores and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job will consist of building systems and analytical tools relating to investment research. Typical tasks might include:
- Build high performance research platform.
- Integrate and deploy new technologies and processes that adhere to best practices and highest standards.
- Writing computer programs to extract and analyze data from large unstructured datasets.
- Clear graphical and written presentation of analysis.
- Exceptional software design and coding abilities, experience of building complex software products.
- Have a strong grasp on a scripting language, a sharp eye for wrangling ordered and unordered text, an ability to scrape and crawl sites, and a passion for data.
- Knowledge of Python (preferred), C/C++, Java, Ruby or similar language is essential. Additional knowledge of Matlab and SQL is helpful.
- Bachelor's degree (with a strong academic record) in a quantitative field such mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering or similar discipline is required.
- Smart, great coder, motivated self-starter and quick learner.
- Master’s degree or participation in CFA program would be a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com . We will contact selected candidates.
No phone calls please.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Old Mutual (US) Holdings is the holding company for a group of about 20 asset management boutiques collectively known as Old Mutual Asset...