The Transportation Analyst supports carrier relations efforts to procure transportation services including, but not limited to, trucking, drayage, intermodal, air and small package freight; supports administration of rate and pricing data; analyzes bids and evaluates costing impacts; and assists in resolving performance issues to insure carriers are providing the required level of service.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Key Result Areas
- TL Pricing and Carrier Management
- Develops / Prepares transportation bids.
- Communicates extensively with sales, customers and transportation service providers.
- Negotiates competitive pricing estimates and summarizes results.
- Provides support as needed to Carrier Relations team.
- Payable Discrepancies
- Supports the implementation and ongoing maintenance of procurement procedures.
- Coordinates with the payable liaison in FMH and the payables team at GFC to resolve all carrier payable issues.
- Reporting and Systems Management
- Maintains sourcing and contract files supporting modifications and amendments.
- Participates in data analysis for continuous improvement.
- Manage reporting tools used by pricing and operations.
- Work with systems team to develop automated tools for pricing, reporting and service management.
- Customer satisfaction; securing competitive, superior service providers and accurate and competitive pricing.
- Carrier relationships
System rate entry & updates
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of eduction and experience
- 3+ years in transportation procurement esp. with truckload & LTL, negotiating contracts & pricing, knowledge of North American transportation market.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with TMS (Transportation Management System)
- Experience negotiating contracts, rates and pricing
- Knowledge of the North America transportation market
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Organization & planning
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact mailto: ApplicantAssistance@apl.com for assistance.
APL - 23 months ago
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...