Maintains integrity of accounting information and systems, in accordance with standards and rules under GAAP, as well as other regulating bodies. Reconciles, analyzes and synthesizes financial data from business operations. Plays an active role in supporting the public financial statements, including balance sheet, income statements, SEC filings, DOI reports and other regulatory reports. Executes accounting policy and procedures and participates in internal and external audits.
Under limited supervision, responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for a multi-unit division of First American. This is the most senior skill level without supervisory responsibility.
• Performs most complex accounting activities to maintain complete and accurate general ledger.
• Assess current financial control environment, recommend and work with Sr Management to make changes as necessary.
• Identifying and recommending process improvement opportunities.
• Mapping processes and preparing related documentation.
• Advanced Ad hoc report creation.
• Strong written communication skills, may develop senior management presentations.
• Prepare and review complex Account Reconciliations.
• Preparation and conduct Balance Sheet reviews.
• Develops and implements new techniques for financial analysis.
• Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
• May provide functional advice or training to less-experienced financial analyst and accounting positions.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented changing environment.