First American Corporation is conducting a search for an exceptional recent college graduate with the desire to establish a career in Corporate Finance and participate in our two (2) year rotational program. The selected candidate will be coached and mentored by the Sr. Vice President of Finance.
This program will provide the candidate selected the opportunity to work in various areas of Corporate Finance (Treasury, Investor Relations, Investment Management and Financial Planning & Analysis) as well as work in a Divisional Finance rotation. You will have the opportunity to build a solid foundation in Finance under the direction of the Sr. VP of Finance and others, as you conduct or assist in the execution of financial analysis projects.
Under general supervision, responsible for conducting and documenting moderate to complex financial analysis projects.
• Analyzes and projects all aspects of company's financial performance.
• Prepares analysis of divisional and department financial performance.
• Prepares special financial studies.
• Develops and implements new techniques for financial analysis.
• Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
• College student expecting to graduate in May/June 2013 with Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics. In major GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Ability to complete a 2-year job rotation at our Corporate Headquarters in Santa Ana.
Additional Requirements Include:
• Demonstrate a desire to establish a career in Finance with The First American Financial Corporation and learn our industry.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to take direction from multiple supervisors, peers, and teams to execute tasks.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills while consistently meeting deadlines.
• Ability to contribute to independent and team projects with minimal managerial
• Be results-oriented self starter with the ability to operate in a fast-paced,
dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrate an ability to excel and develop career skill set as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• 3-5 years related experience
• Eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis, without sponsorship or restrictions now or in the future.
• Local candidates only; no relocation.