The analyst, Hilton HHonors program economics, will be responsible for supporting the analysis, reporting and management of the economics for the $10B Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program. In addition, the analyst will assist with the management of the HHonors program’s liability model. The analyst will support the analysis of potential program structure and design options, promotions and other HHonors-related initiatives. The analyst will support the program’s ad hoc, annual and 5-year financial forecasts, HHonors KPIs, HHonors country targets, and currency conversions. The analyst will assist in assessment of hotel reward categories and optimization of reward products.
The analyst, HHonors Economics must be able to:
- Perform timely analysis, monitoring, and reporting of potential and actual changes to the HHonors program
- Apply a customer-centric perspective to deliver customer loyalty design features that provide HHonors members with an unparalleled hotel stay experience consistently executed across brands and properties
- Provide the structure, oversight and direction of multiple projects occurring simultaneously in order to achieve their customer experience objectives
- Gain a thorough understanding of the evolving landscape of customer loyalty programs, and actively monitor competitor and industry trends
- Assist in the development of business cases for new HHonors customer experience opportunities/ initiatives
- Four (4) year college degree in economics, computer science, statistics or mathematics
- Two (2) years of progressive work experience (can include internships)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience analyzing various types of data to provide actionable insight
- Advanced Excel experience, including pivot tables, v/hookups, array formulas, conditional statements, and other formulas that enable fast and efficient analysis of large data sets
- Experience in a multi-brand company
- Advanced degree in business, economics, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or completion of advanced statistics/mathematics courses
In order to apply to this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States; Hilton Worldwide will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position. You must also be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
A World of Opportunities
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,800 hotels and timeshare properties, with 630,000 rooms in 88 countries and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
Proud Part of Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide’s Headquarters is located in McLean, Virginia. The company owns, manages and franchises some of the best known and highly regarded hotel brands around the world. We offer competitive benefits to our Team Members. We invite you to become part of a dynamic team whose vision is to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.
Hilton - 18 months ago
Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private...