The Build Smart NY Program Analyst will develop and maintain the building energy performance database and be responsible for all reporting requirements of the Executive Order and any additional reporting requirements that are identified and required. The Governor of New York State established the Build Smart NY energy efficiency initiative for state buildings to accomplish 20% reduction in consumption in seven years. The Build Smart NY team at NYPA is responsible for developing policies and programs to support the goals and to create a network of trained energy managers in state agencies to ensure the savings are realized and sustained.
- Prepare spreadsheets, text documents, graphs and templates as requested by Senior Management measuring and highlighting program performance to date.
- Work with program team members to develop a permanent state building energy performance database.
- Maintain the State building database to ensure timely receipt and documentation of information, ensuring up-to-date building information and statistics.
- Maintain Build Smart NY website highlighting state agencies/authorities projects for public to view.
- Work with state agencies and authorities to provide assistance in compilation of agency energy data and facilitate their completion of required forms, reports and other requests for information.
- Create sound processes to verify accuracy of data on an as needed basis.
- Work with state agency/authority information technology personnel to facilitate more efficient compilation and transfer of data.
- Work with investor owned utilities to develop protocols and procedures for electronic transfer of utility billing data.
- Work with Build Smart NY group and Energy Efficiency group to streamline and improve efficiency of electronic processes and procedures.
- Compile and analyze annual reporting data in compliance with the Executive Order (EO) guidelines.
- Ability to organize information into ideas and effectively present to Supervisors along with customers.
- Some project management skills and a team oriented approach are required to plan, execute and complete multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Some knowledge of energy terminology and measurement vocabulary
- Demonstrated ability in database technology such as Microsoft Access, Primavera or related software
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and prioritize work flow
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose workable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize actionable conclusions from research and analysis .
- Ability to communicate complex and technical information to a diverse, non-technical audience in a comprehensible manner.
- Strong understanding of NYPA’s budgeting, policies, operations, procedures and business objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with current energy issues and the New York energy industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of business relative or similar experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of analytical/database experience and/or experience in evaluating commercially available database products as well as building a custom database is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with energy performance reporting and data management preferred.
- Approximately 5% to 10% travel primarily within NY State.
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the nation’s largest state power organization, operating 17 generating facilities and more than...