“CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area.
We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Compensation Analyst position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
• Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
• Evaluates jobs to determine FLSA exemption status.
• Designs, develops and implements compensation programs to include employee incentive plans, salary structure, salary administration policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible for performing research and analysis to support business operations.
• Studies and analyzes salaried, wage scale, management and executive positions and salaries for external competitiveness and internal equity.
• Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, compensation philosophy, policies, personnel procedures and programs.
• Prepares reports such as organization flow charts, career path progressions, job programs to summarize job evaluations and compensation information.
• Performs compensation cost analysis that may be used by management and leadership.
• Conducts and participates in market salary surveys and prepares market pricing analysis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years experience in compensation or other related field.
- Minimum 1 -3 years experience with MS Excel
- Minimum 1 -3 years experience designing and running reports
- Advanced Excel
- Familiarity with SAP
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles in line with this role are:
Accountability and Attention to Detail:
Produces results despite obstacles; no excuses
Holds herself/himself and others accountable, without flinching
Stands behind all commitments; we do what we say we will do, and we do it well
Ensures all work is correct and accurate
Intrusive Management, Challenge & Question
Invites and respects team members input and ideas Fosters and invites a questioning attitude
Asks the tough questions and challenges constructively; will not let a colleague fail
Always seeks to improve results, his / her own and others’
Does not accept things at face value; insists on evidence, facts, metrics, and analysis
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...