As an Analyst for Billing Operations, you will perform analysis and technical manipulation of the National Grid's retail customer rate and tax models. These models and changes necessary to them must be interpreted, built, tested, and maintained to ensure accurate and timely customer bills are produced. You will also perform root cause analysis, develop recommendations, and implement changes to improve performance of the department. One of your responsibilities will be to analyze and interpret data, procedures, activities, and pertinent documents to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision-making and the effective working of the department. In order to succeed, you will be able to:
- Analyze, build, test, and implement routine price changes.
- Analyze, build, test, and implement rate structure changes.
- Analyze, build, test, and implement marketer price changes.
- Conduct detailed customer rate and tax mitigation plan analysis.
- Assure all rates kept in CIS control - No 'Special' Billing.
- Participate in project planning between Billing Operations and IS, contributing to overall deliverables as managed by those teams.
- Prepare and write relevant documentation in order that all stakeholders are fully informed and all evidence or statistics are documented.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Build upon technical / professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems management preferred.
- 2 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience.
- An advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more areas of customer account management, invoicing, and financial structures.
- Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice.
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) and complex table structure management.
- Experience in Relational Data Base models.
- Experience working in IBM TSO/ISPF environment highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Understanding of project management techniques and methods.
Monster - 22 months ago
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...