GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an Analyst External Contracts, you will perform all costing activities in support of proposals for sponsored projects, issue external and intra company billing, and place and administer subcontracts.
- Coordinate assigned costing efforts in support of proposals for sponsored projects, including direct contracts, subcontracts, contracts from GE businesses, requotes, and costs to complete
- Place and administer subcontracts
- Compile and issue contract required financial performance and subcontract activity reports
- Complete billing activities required in support of assigned contracts and GE businesses
- Monitoring customer accounts and perform collection activities for assigned customers
- Complete contract and subcontract close-outs
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, economics, business management, or related discipline (or an Associates degree in finance, accounting, economics, business management, or related discipline with at least 2 years’ experience in grants and contracts cost estimating).
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power Point
- Proven success with high performance teams and customer relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve quality results
- Strong analytical skills
- Candidate must be able to travel a minimum of 3 weeks per year
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Experience with Government grants and contracts cost estimating
Knowledge of Government regulations related to cost estimating and allowable cost and payment
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Experience with estimating and billing processes, tools, accounting systems and practices within a research environment.
Working knowledge of Oracle Project Accounting and Accounts Receivable applications
Receivables collection experience
Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong Candidated Idnetifed all others encouraged to apply
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 4 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...