CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) performs cutting edge research illuminating cardiovascular and pulmonary biology and disease and trains clinicians and scientists to become future leaders of these fields.
The CVRI provides a home for a wide spectrum of investigation ranging from the most basic science to disease-focused and patient-based research. It also links faculty interested in cardiovascular biology and disease across UCSF programs, departments and campuses. The diversity of CVRI’s faculty and its collaborative culture fosters a multidisciplinary approach to research problems and provides an important bridge between UCSF’s outstanding clinical and basic science departments.
The Cardiovascular Research Institute is recruiting a Finance Analyst to handle a portion of the CVRI extramural funds for post-award management in the Finance Office. Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Analyst will provide financial support for post-award services for assigned sponsored research activity, assigned department funds and cross coverage for other members of the Department’s Finance Team. The primary role of the Finance Analyst will be to interpret, analyze and advise the Principal Investigator on a variety of funds (programmatic grant (PPG), RO1s, clinical trials, gift, endowment, and opportunity funds). The Finance Analyst will provide initial interpretation of reports generated by UC Accounting and will provide analysis in determining, monitoring and resolving discrepancies such as accounts payable issues, recharges and other expenses that are posted. The successful candidate will have extensive research and data analysis experience in order to determine whether the source results from posting errors, journals, lack of supporting documents, vendor errors, Accounting Office errors, and interacts with other department personnel for resolution and follow-up. The incumbent will also perform other duties as assigned. The candidate will provide other duties as assigned.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a Accounting/Finance and one year of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and purchasing principles and practices
• Experience with fund accounting, knowledge of federal, state, and university policy
• Computer experience using spreadsheet and database programs
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with faculty, laboratory and administrative staff and central administration
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching shoulder height and below, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use, tolerance to loud noise, ability to differentiate color.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Knowledge of NIH, programmatic grants, sub-contracts and gift processing
• Knowledge of UC accounting practices
• Working knowledge of wages and benefits
• Familiarity with UC accounting form