OneWest Bank was founded as a regional bank, dedicated to customer service and a commitment to the community. We’re Southern California’s hometown bank, with a strong capital foundation, conservative management and a consistent focus on providing personalized relationship-based banking to all our clients.
OneWest has 74 retail branches conveniently located throughout Southern California to serve consumers and businesses, small and large. With total assets of over $25 billion and $14 billion in deposits, OneWest has the size and strength to offer a wide array of banking products and services including personal and business banking solutions, jumbo mortgages, investment advisory products, small business and commercial banking loans. IndyMac Mortgage Services, a division of OneWest Bank, services mortgage loans on behalf of third parties and offers loan modifications pursuant to Home Affordable Modification Program (“HAMP”) guidelines.
We offer exciting and challenging employment opportunities for professionals in a fast-paced, results-focused environment. In addition to Southern California locations, OneWest has operation centers in Austin, TX and Kalamazoo, MI.
IndyMac Mortgage Servicing
Direct Mortage Lending
Analyst III (SQL Developer/Data Analyst)
SQL Analyst is a member of the database marketing group supporting borrower communication effort for Servicing and Retention needs. Employee will be responsible for end-to-end campaign management required to execute marketing campaigns. Campaign management includes direct mail and email campaigns. Strong analytical skills and ability to rapidly learn and translate complex issue are required. The successful candidate will be instrumental in solving problems through data and delivering solid solutions for wide-ranging business opportunities.
Key Responsibilities :
1) Work with senior management in reviewing and evaluating program guidelines to determine appropriate changes and best programming practice and/or data source(s) for implementation, while ensuring guideline compliance.
2) Implements and review controls to monitor data inconsistencies or illogical conditions within new or existing processes. Person will be responsible for reconciling conflicts with appropriate party.
3) Develop and maintain process for generating campaign data using proper data source(s). Person will also be responsible for proper data collection from executed campaigns.
4) Develop and monitor automated method for validating campaign data generated. Person will be responsible for resolving any discovered data issues within campaign data.
5) Utilizes the marketing databases and other data resources for marketing analysis, adhoc requests or auditing requests. Determines best sources of data to support analysis. Determines necessary data to collect and evaluate to provide useful information. Conduct loan level research to obtain supporting response to loan level issues.
6) Responsible for detailed documentation of all the business processes related to the day-to-day job responsibilities and functions.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
* 2 – 3 years of hands-on experience working with and analyzing data in various types of complexities and large data sets.
* Knowledge of Mortgage Banking and/or Servicing is a benefit but not required.
* Legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
KEY SKILLS :
- 2 to 3 years working knowledge of core SQL technology using T-SQL. Includes but not limited to the following:
+ Create and/or modify stored procedures, views, functions
+ Create and/or modify tables
+ Create and/or modify Complex SQL Statements
+ Determine logic from existing SQL statements (reverse engineer)
+ Automating processes via SSIS / DTS
+ Report development with SSRS. Crystal Report or MS Access acceptable
- MS Excel (formulas, functions, pivot tables)
- MS Visio
- Ability to work in a fast passed, demanding environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver on established timelines/due dates.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- High ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Banking is plus but not requires.
OneWest Bank - 2 years ago