POSITION PURPOSE -
An Analyst of Payables and Ops Support typically develops and uses tools and databases to query, reports and delivers timely and actionable information to aid the department in driving efficiency and change. Approaches include but are not limited to root cause analysis and business process analysis, as well as developing relationships with both internal and external partners to get a better understanding of systems or process related topics.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
- Responsibilities include timely completion of monthly account reconciliation' s to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Provide analytical support for the organization and business partners. Establish and report metrics (I.e. WIP, on-time payments, percent of repays, etc) for the various departments and business partners including the creation of business dashboards.
- Responsible for daily reporting of work in process (WIP), including the creation of forecasting models used to determine workload requirements to help set priorities for the department based on the forecast/ WIP.
- Using systems knowledge, develop databases and queries to perform analytical analysis to determine trends/issues with individual vendors and stores. Partner with Stores and Vendors to conduct root-cause analysis to develop corrective actions using the Six Sigma Methodology.
- Develop departmental operating plans and analyze monthly expenditures versus plan. Complete adhoc reporting and analysis requests.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Typically reports to Supervisor or Manager, Financial Operations.
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Four plus years of experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- General understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Critical thinking and reasoning abilities to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- Ability to weigh relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to choose the most appropriate option.
- Good communication skills; Ability to persuade or influence others.
- Proficiency in Access, Excel, and similar desktop applications. Thorough understanding and skill with legacy systems.