Analyst Programmer 2 |
Research, Innovation and Graduate Education
$3878 - $7198 Monthly
o The University of Oregon division of Research, Innovation, and Graduate Education (RIGE) invites applications for full-time Analyst Programmer in Research Innovation Services. There are currently two vacancies.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Application Development experience to support financial/management activity.
* Familiarity with relational database systems such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or Microsoft Access for reporting, data modeling and SQL programming.
* Familiarity with web/application server software such as ColdFusion, Apache/Tomcat, and MS IIS.
* Documented ability to analyze data using reporting tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, or SAS.
* Experience in streamlining business processes by conceptualizing, designing, and developing information system solutions.
* Experience collaborating with a diverse body of faculty, staff, and students.
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non technical staff both orally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and deliver technical training for information system owners, end-users, and other constituents.
* Ability to convene user group meetings, gather requirements, present prototypes, solicit user feedback, and manage a project schedule
* Experience administering web services on IIS or a LAMP stack.
* Experience with Drupal multi-site administration, replication, and version control
* Experience administering and tuning MS SQL Server or My SQL databases
* Familiarity with budget, finance and research administration operations, and higher education enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the Research Technology Service team, these positions are responsible for programming, report generation, and data curation for units within the Vice President for Research and Innovation portfolio. Duties include:
... analyzing business system and application needs for units under RIGE, determining and evaluating alternative solutions and approaches to meeting those needs, and selecting the optimal technology solution; developing specifications and requirements for the optimal integration and implementation of business systems and equipment; designing application programs to meet user requirements that optimize the use of available resources.
... developing succinct, secure, timely programming code or modify software in a logical fashion which optimizes programming resources; maintaining and supporting administrative websites and applications to ensure minimal downtime and loss of productivity and service.
... structuring, implementing, and maintaining database systems to optimize data access and security; establishing and administering policies, standards, and procedures for strategic data planning, data analysis and modeling, and data element standardization and use to ensure accurate, useful and readily accessible data.
... restructuring and managing the electronic research administration environment by establishing and maintaining best practices for maintaining current research administration sites, maintaining custom modules, developing, testing, staging, version control, and database structure and performance.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience programming with relational databases. Describe your experience working with SQL or variations, including your strategies for efficient SQL queries and database optimization for web delivery. Give an example where a non-relational data model makes more sense.
2. Please indicate your experience using the following languages and tools. For each, indicate your length of experience (years or months) and your level of experience: basic, intermediate, advanced.
f. Unix/Linux literacy
g. Windows literacy
h. Cold Fusion
i. Other programming languages (please specify)
4. How were the specifications for the implementation of part C above determined? Describe and provide examples of your experience in meeting with users to define specifications for deliverables and turning those into technical implementations?
University of Oregon - 15 months ago