The Analyst assists in preparation, coordination, and related analyses of SEC filings (10-Q/Ks, 8-Ks, bond offerings, etc.) to ensure that information released is accurate and complete and filing deadlines are met. This position also assists in the review and analysis of financial statements for various divisions within the Company, while performing monthly close analyses and other close procedures to facilitate the monthly close process, including, but not limited to suspense account review and intercompany analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in preparation, coordination, and related analyses of quarterly earnings.
- Performs technical research, as needed, to resolve accounting and reporting issues.
- Coordinates with external auditors and various levels of management globally to accumulate necessary data.
- Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance processes.
- Prepares quarterly reporting schedules to support financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Aids in preparation of multiple company pension and 401(k) plans.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested to executive management to ensure that senior management has required information to make operating decisions.
Qualifications (may vary by level)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Public Accounting or corporate environment. Big Four experience preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Knowledge of financial calculations and reporting requirements.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and in teams.
- HFM or other general ledger and/or financial consolidation system experience preferred.
Minimal travel required.
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Avis Budget Group - 12 months ago
Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a car rental...